Electronic RFQs and RFIs with ASTRAS
The core process of our ASTRAS software is the electronic quote request (e-RFX). The objective of this process is to efficiently conclude the best possible contract for the respective requirement. ASTRAS optimally supports the interaction of systems, requirement sources, and decision makers in purchasing.
E-RFx replaces sending correspondence by post, fax and e-mail. You store your relevant specifications in your ASTRAS supplier portal. The supplier group you specify receives access to this request and can view it, and calculate and reply with a quote here. The quotes of all suppliers are displayed and compared in transparent comparison sheets. You control all rounds of the entire RFQ process and can continue using the reports of your requests and the results of your award to continue processing electronically.
The necessary information for well-founded sourcing decisions is provided in ASTRAS as the basis for decision-making. Ideally, ASTRAS interacts with your ERP systems to enable a continuous document flow from purchase requisition to order.
With the ASTRAS Requisitions Management module, existing requisitions can be copied from an ERP system into ASTRAS or created in the system directly.
The requisition items created manually or transferred from legacy systems already include a lot of information that is required during the sourcing process for suppliers and/or purchasing. Thus, for example, item information, volumes, drawings, account assignments, historical prices, material, group allocations, region allocations and/or organization allocations can be transferred with item data, so as to accelerate the creation of an RFQ with data that are already known for the requirement to be procured and benefit from default settings.
Requirements are assigned to buyers responsible for material groups. The Requisitions Management module is thus the work list for buyers who can either tender individually for these requisition items or package several similar ranges in one RFQ.
Simply create your individual RFI/RFQ templates or choose the appropriate template from a material group-controlled template library.
Whether a line item, GAEB file, RFI, submissions, coversheet mode or a complex cost breakdown, ASTRAS supports all forms of RFQ. The high degree of flexibility in creating RFQ templates is ideal for ASTRAS e-sourcing , as well as for direct and indirect purchasing. See for yourself with a demonstration of the limitless possibilities.
- Template = predefined RFQ template
A template defines the structure of the :
- specification (to be completed by purchasing), the
- price sheet (to be completed by the supplier), the
- comparison sheet (predefined by purchasing) and the
- decision formula (e.g. TCO/TVO)
- evaluation criteria (e.g. credit points)
- ASTRAS offers a wide selection of generic best practice templates
- Even company-specific templates can be designed and managed in the template library
- Depending on your individual use of templates, a typical template mix emerges for your company
- The ASTRAS template library enables 100% coverage of all your company’s RFI standards.
The ASTRAS bidder list ensures that you will never again forget to invite your most important supplier to submit an RFQ.
ASTRAS uses the data from supplier records to generate an automatic bid list for every RFQ event. Suppliers are then targeted and automatically invited to take part in the RFQ. Naturally, you have an option to also invite other suppliers to the RFQ, or to block them from being involved.
In many companies these days, quote submission is still done by fax, letter, e-mail or telephone (without any corresponding RFQ software).
The more complex the RFQ, the more time-consuming it can be for buyers to follow up with a comparison sheet. Quote prices are often transferred manually into another quote template (Excel). This step in the process is laborious, time-consuming and ultimately expensive.
In ASTRAS, quotes are issued electronically. The supplier issues their binding quote price directly or via Excel upload into the system. Benefits to the buyer: no inconvenient subsequent maintenance of data is required and all information can be accessed at the touch of a button.
After suppliers have submitted their quote, the quotes are evaluated in a comprehensive comparison sheet in ASTRAS. This is available to you at all times online or to download in Office programs.
- Comparison sheets are available online at the touch of a button or in Excel
- Comparison sheets are displayed in an aggregated and consolidated form
- Quote ratings and records of other internal costs can be saved in the comparison sheet
- Automatic calculation of different award scenarios (e.g. package award or cherry picking)
ASTRAS even accompanies your negotiations over several rounds through to the final negotiation. Auctions seamlessly expand your traditional negotiating methods in this respect.
In the award nomination you will find all quote details and the negotiated conditions are then provided in the award documentation for the creation of orders, framework agreements, or other documents in downstream systems.
- Award templates are available online, and as PDF documents
- The buyer’s award recommendation is summarized there and alternatives are documented
- The award sheet is signed and stored in the system and can be transferred to ERP systems for storage.
- Alternatively, a digital approval workflow will be available
- Thus, the complete decision-making process is clearly documented
The benefits to you:
- Sound sourcing decisions based on all information in ASTRAS (e.g. quote details, TCO, ratings and current supplier spend, material group strategy, etc.)
- Continuous document flow of an award: from purchase requisition through to order
- Award compliance: award process and decision-making parameters are documented
- Systematic performance measurement in purchasing
- Activity level of the purchasing organization, negotiation preparation (design), award behavior, and quality of the RFI papers are documented
An overview of the modules:
- Wizard-assisted creation
- Round management
- Version management
- Multiple currencies
- Bidder lists
- Confidentiality agreements
- Roles and authorizations
- Message management
- RFI checklist
- Quote commenting and evaluation
- Export function
- Submissions function
- Comparison sheets with scenario analysis (cherry picking, best in class, best TCO)