management and sourcing.“Houssaine Machmour, Purchasing and materials management, Stadtwerke Solingen
Our Sourcing module replaces the dispatch by mail, fax and e-mail. You store your relevant specifications in your QAD Allocation purchasing software. The circle of suppliers from Supplier Management, which you have defined, gets access to this request, can view it there, calculate it and respond with an offer. The offers of all suppliers are displayed and compared in clearly arranged offer mirrors. You control the entire tendering process across all rounds and can process the evaluations of your RFQs and the results of your awarding electronically.
The necessary information for well-founded award decisions is available in QAD Allocation Sourcing as a basis for decision-making. In the best case QAD Allocation interlocks with your ERP systems in order to enable a continuous document flow from demand to order.
Modules in Sourcing
With the QAD Allocation module demand management existing demands from an ERP system can be transferred to QAD Allocation or created directly in the system.
The requirement items transferred from source systems or created manually already contain a lot of information that is necessary for the vendor and/or purchasing during the sourcing process. For example, article information, volumes, drawings, account assignments, historical prices, material group, region and/or organizational assignments can be transferred with the article data, thus accelerating the creation of a request for quotation with the already known data of the requirement to be procured and benefiting from default settings.
The requirements are assigned to the purchasers responsible for the material groups. The Requirements Management module is thus the worklist for the purchasers, who can either tender these requirements items individually or package several similar scopes in one request for quotation.
Create your individual inquiry templates easily via Excel upload, or select the appropriate template from a material group controlled template library.
Whether specifications, GAEB file, RFI, tenders, jacket sheet procedures or a complex cost-break-down: QAD Allocation supports all forms of tendering. Thanks to the high flexibility in the creation of request for quotation templates, QAD Allocation Sourcing is suitable for both direct and indirect purchasing. Convince yourself of the unlimited possibilities with a demo!
- Template = predefined tender template
A template defines the structure of:
- Specification (to be filled in by the purchasing department)
- Price sheet (to be filled in by the supplier)
- Offer review (specified by the purchasing department)
- Decision formulas (e.g. TCO/TVO)
- Evaluation criteria (e.g. credit points)
- QAD Allocation offers a wide range of generic best practice templates
- Company-specific templates can be designed and managed in the template library
- Depending on your individual utilization of the templates, the typical template mix for your company is created
- The QAD Allocation template library enables 100% coverage of all request standards of your company
Thanks to the QAD Allocation bidding lists, you will never again forget to invite your main suppliers to a tender!
QAD Allocation generates an automatic bidder list for each tender event based on the data from the supplier file. Suppliers are then invited to the tender in a targeted and fully automated way. Of course you have the possibility to invite further suppliers to the tender or to block them.
Even today, in many companies (without a corresponding tendering software), tenders are still submitted by fax, letter, e-mail and telephone.
The more complex the invitation to tender is, the more time-consuming the follow-up work towards a bid review can be for the purchaser. Often the offer prices are transferred manually into an additional offer template (Excel). This process step is complex, time-consuming and ultimately expensive.
In QAD Allocation, tenders are submitted electronically. The supplier submits his binding offer prices directly or via Excel upload in the system. The advantage for the buyer: the tedious data maintenance is no longer necessary and all information can be retrieved at the push of a button.
After the supplier has submitted the price, the evaluation in QAD Allocation is carried out in a comprehensive bid evaluation. This is available to you at any time online or for download in Excel.
- Quotation reviews are available online or in Excel at the push of a button
- Offers are presented in aggregated and consolidated form
- Evaluations of the offers and the recording of further internal costs can be stored in the offer review
- Automated calculation of different allocation scenarios (for example, parcel allocation or cherry picking)
QAD Allocation accompanies your negotiations over several rounds, if required, right up to the final negotiation. Auctions seamlessly complement your traditional negotiation methods.
In the award proposal you will find all details of the offer. The negotiated conditions for creating purchase orders, outline agreements or other documents in subsequent systems are available in the award documentation.
- Award templates are available online and as PDF documents
- The purchaser’s award recommendation is summarized there and alternatives are documented
- The award sheet is signed and stored in the system and can be transferred to ERP systems for storage
- Alternatively, a digital approval workflow will be available
- Thus the complete decision process is documented in a comprehensible way
- Well-founded award decisions based on all information in QAD Allocation (e.g. offer details, TCO, ratings and current donation of the supplier, material group strategy etc.)
- Continuous document flow of an award: from the requirement notification to the purchase order
- Compliance in awarding: awarding process and decision parameters are documented
- Systematic performance measurement in purchasing
- Activity level of the purchasing organization, preparation for negotiations (design), awarding behaviour, quality of the request documents documented
The sourcing modules at a glance:
- Wizard-supported creation
- Round Management
- Version Management
- Bidders’ lists
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Roles and authorizations
- Message management
- Request checklist
- Commenting on and evaluating offers
- Export function
- Submission function
- Offer review with scenario analysis (Cherry Picking, Best in Class, Best TCO)