ASTRAS is the integrated supplier Portal (SRM) and tendering system for strategic purchasing in your company. ASTRAS increases productivity along the entire procurement process and measurably reduces your direct and indirect costs in purchasing. ASTRAS can be integrated into your company website and your IT structure.
Supplier Management software
Integrated supplier portals help select the best-performing suppliers for each sourcing task through selective information, which increases productivity throughout the entire procurement process and measurably reduces your direct and indirect purchasing costs.
The entire supplier management cycle, from supplier qualification to supplier development, is supported in the system. A good master data management system together with the supplier rating, supplier classification and supplier development modules ensure that supplier performance is well-maintained and improved.
Modules in supplier management
- New registration of a supplier is done independently (via your company’s website) or at the request of your purchasing department
- The supplier completes the questionnaire and selects their material group(s)
- Based on the information obtained, an internal decision will be made as to whether, and with which status, the supplier will be admitted to the portal
In addition to a manual classification of the suppliers, the classification can also be based on the results of the supplier evaluation, a supplier status from ERP systems or a risk assessment that incorporates the insolvency, supply chain and compliance risks.
This classification enables a vendor to maintain a classification status, such as “Preferred supplier” or “Business hold”, at the organizational level as well as at the material group level. This status then has a direct impact on the supplier development process, bidder lists and the evaluation of suppliers’ offers in the respective awarding decisions.
Thus, the circle between the strategic supplier management and more tactical sourcing processes.
An effective quality management involves the appropriate review of qualified suppliers. With the ASTRAS Supplier Document Management module, buyers and suppliers have a complete overview at all times of all key certificates, contracts and reports, and their current status.
- Direct process cost saving by omitting the periodic requests of document data
- Worldwide access to all documents, which eliminates the maintenance of redundant local data (at different sites)
- The comparison sheets show whether the supplier has any invalid certificates: The fast accessibility of all current certificates simplifies and accelerates the decision-making process regarding the award of a contract
- Each supplier must provide the documents stipulated and required by you: depending on the individually defined parameters, the system will request the necessary data from the supplier (e.g., depending on product group and status)
An up-to-date rating solution is based on rating schemes that include hard facts, quality or logistics metrics, soft facts, formulas and weights.
As many schemes as required may be used for the company’s various product groups and organizations. Soft facts can be maintained directly in the system by evaluators, while hard facts are usually copied automatically from source systems. Ratings can either be automatically initiated periodically or triggered on an ad-hoc basis.
The overall rating can be made visible to the supplier in the supplier portal. If a rating result requires a supplier development activity, it will be created in the system based on templates and followed up with tasks as part of workflow.
Supplier development means a development aiming at improving efficiency. ASTRAS offers a multitude of possibilities.
based on the classification and rating results, you work with your suppliers to come up with development goals. These target parameters are recorded in the ASTRAS supplier record. You then define milestones for improving quality, which you can map and monitor e.g. in the “Collaboration” module by means of workflow-controlled quality processes (APQP, 8-D report, EMPB, supplier questionnaires, etc.).
ASTRAS strategies enable product groups and product group clusters to be managed with regard to supplier management and sourcing strategies.
Product group strategies
- At product group level or for individual product group clusters
- Definition of strategic direction of impact and mapping of aspects
- Central management of documents, tasks and measures for strategy
- Role and user management within strategy
- Optional detailed documentation of strategy
- Two-stage qualification processes for new supplier registrations via product group-specific supplier questionnaires
- Information control: Notification of groups, roles or/and users when new suppliers are registered and when data is updated by existing suppliers
- Transparency across all suppliers of the strategy
- Budget limits for RFQs and e-auctions: information on hierarchies, integration of hierarchies for the release of events and the award documentation
- Display of strategic thrust when creating RFQs for all initiators of events
- Automated bidder lists (pre-defined, proposed, approved and blocked suppliers) that can be documented, extended or reduced in an revision-proof/audit-proof manner
- Company-wide supplier information system
- Monitoring and evaluations of all supplier activities and KPIs
- Constantly up-to-date supplier information
- Structured supplier communication
- Improvement of process quality
- Global SRM collaboration tool
- Substantiated, well-founded supplier decisions
- State-of-the-art supplier management software modules
An overview of the modules:
- Task management
- Document management
- Supplier rating
- Supplier development (measures)
- Supplier qualification
- Material group management / strategies
- Confidentiality agreement management
- Organization-specific data
- Complaints management
- Spend management
- Status management
- Contract management
- KPI reporting