ASTRAS is the integrated supplier Portal (SRM) and tendering system for strategic purchasing in your company. ASTRAS increases productivity along the entire procurement process and measurably reduces your direct and indirect costs in purchasing. ASTRAS can be integrated into your company website and your IT structure.
Supplier Management software
Integrated supplier portals help to select the best-performing suppliers for each sourcing task through targeted information. This increases productivity throughout the entire procurement process and measurably reduces your direct and indirect purchasing costs.
The entire supplier management cycle, from supplier qualification to supplier development is supported in the system. Good master data management together with the supplier rating, supplier classification and supplier development modules ensure that supplier performance is maintained and improved.
Modules in supplier management
- New registration of a supplier is done independently (via your company’s website) or at the request of purchasing
- The supplier completes the questionnaire and selects their material group(s)
- Based on the information obtained, an internal decision is made as to whether, and with which status, the supplier will be admitted to the portal
In addition to a manual classification of the suppliers, the classification can also be based on the results of the supplier evaluation, a supplier status from ERP systems or a risk assessment that incorporates the insolvency, supply chain and compliance risk Included.
This classification enables a vendor to have a classification status, such as “Preferred supplier” or “Business hold”, at the organizational level as well as at the material group level. This status then has a direct impact on supplier development processes, bidder lists and the evaluation of suppliers ‘ offers in the respective award decisions.
Thus, the circle between the strategic supplier management and the more tactical sourcing process is closed.
A functioning quality management includes the appropriate review of qualified suppliers. With the ASTRAS Supplier Document Management module, buyers and suppliers have a complete overview at all times of all key certificates, contracts and reports, and their current status.
- Direct process cost saving as a result of there being no need for periodic requests of document data
- Worldwide access to all documents, which dispenses with the need for redundant local data maintenance (at different sites)
- The comparison sheets show whether the supplier has any invalid certificates: The fast availability of all current certificates simplifies and accelerates the decision-making regarding the award of a contract
- Each supplier must produce the documents stipulated and required by you: depending on the parameters specified individually by you, the system requests the necessary data from the supplier (e.g., depending on product group and status)
An up-to-date rating solution based on rating schemes that include hard facts, indicators of quality or logistics, soft facts, formulas and weightings.
As many schemes as required may be used for the company’s various product groups and organizations. Soft facts can be maintained directly in the system by the person conducting the evaluation, hard facts are usually copied automatically from legacy systems. Ratings can either be automatically initiated periodically or as required.
The resulting overall rating can be made visible to the supplier in the supplier portal. If a rating result necessitates a supplier development activity, this is created in the system based on templates, and is followed up with tasks as part of workflow.
Supplier development means a supplier change with the aim of improving efficiency. ASTRAS offers a number of options for this.
based on the classification and ratings results, you work with your suppliers to come up with development objectives. These target parameters are recorded in the ASTRAS supplier record. You then define milestones for improving quality, which you can map and monitor e.g. in the “Collaboration” module by means of workflow-controlled quality processes (APQP, 8-D report, EMPB, supplier questionnaires, etc.).
ASTRAS strategies enable product groups and product group clusters to be managed with reference to strategic supplier management and sourcing strategy.
Product group strategies
- At product group level or for individual product group clusters
- Definition of strategic direction of impact and mapping of aspects
- Central management of documents, tasks and measures for strategy
- Role and user management within strategy
- Optional detailed documentation of strategy
- Two-stage qualification processes for new supplier registrations via product group-specific supplier questionnaires
- Information control: Notification of groups, roles or/and users when new suppliers are registered and when data is updated by existing suppliers
- Transparency across all suppliers of the strategy
- Budget limits for RFQs and e-auctions: information on hierarchies, integration of hierarchies for the release of events and the award documentation
- Display of strategic thrust when creating RFQs for all initiators of events
- Automated bidder lists (pre-defined, proposed, approved and blocked suppliers) that can be documented, extended or reduced in a revision-proof
The benefit to you:
- Company-wide supplier information system
- Reports on and monitoring of all supplier activities and KPIs
- Constantly up-to-date supplier information
- Structured supplier communication
- Improvement of process quality
- Global SRM collaboration tool
- Substantiated, well-founded supplier decisions
An overview of the modules:
- Task management
- Document management
- Supplier rating
- Supplier development (measures)
- Supplier qualification
- Material group management / strategies
- Confidentiality agreement management
- Organization-specific data
- Complaints management
- Spend management
- Status management
- Contract management
- KPI reporting