The entire procurement process, from supplier qualification to supplier development, is supported in the system. Good master data management, in conjunction with the supplier evaluation, supplier classification and supplier development modules, ensures that supplier performance is maintained and improved.
Modules in Supplier Management
- The initial registration of a supplier takes place independently, e.g. via your company website or upon request by your purchasing department.
- The vendor fills out the self-disclosure form and selects his material group(s).
- On the basis of the information obtained, an internal decision is made as to whether the supplier will be admitted to the portal and if so, what status he will have.
In addition to a manual classification of suppliers, the classification can also be based on the results of the supplier evaluation, a supplier status from ERP systems or a risk assessment that includes insolvency, supply chain and compliance risk.
This classification enables a supplier to have a classification status, for example, “preferred supplier” or “business hold”, at both organizational level and material group level. This status has a direct impact on supplier development processes, bidder lists, and the evaluation of suppliers’ bids in the respective award decisions.
This closes the loop between strategic supplier management and more tactical sourcing processes.
A functioning quality management system includes the appropriate inspection of qualified suppliers. With the QAD Allocation module Supplier Document Management, buyers and suppliers have a complete overview of all important certificates, contracts, reports and their actuality at any time.
- Direct process cost savings due to the elimination of periodic queries of document data
- Worldwide access to all current documents. The redundant local data maintenance (at different locations) is no longer necessary
- In the offer overview you can see whether the supplier has deposited invalid certificates. The rapid availability of all current certificates simplifies and accelerates the decision to place an order.
- Each supplier must provide the documents you have specified and require. Depending on individually defined parameters (for example, depending on material group and status), the system queries the required supplier data.
A modern evaluation solution is based on evaluation schemes containing hard facts, quality or logistics key figures, soft facts, formulas and weightings.
Any number of schemas can be applied for the different material groups and organizations of the company. Soft facts can be maintained directly in the system by the evaluators, hard facts are usually transferred automatically from previous systems. The valuations can either be triggered automatically at regular intervals or triggered on specific occasions.
The resulting overall evaluation can be made visible to suppliers in the supplier portal. If an evaluation result requires a supplier development action, it is created in the system based on templates and tracked through workflows with tasks.
Supplier development means a development with the aim of increasing the supplier’s performance. QAD Allocation offers a variety of possibilities for this.
Based on the classification and the evaluation results, you develop development goals together with your suppliers. These target figures are stored in the QAD Allocation supplier file. You then define milestones for quality improvement, which you can map and track in the Collaboration module, for example, through workflow-controlled quality processes (APQP, 8-D-Report, EMPB, supplier questionnaires, etc.)
QAD Allocation strategies enable the management of commodity groups and commodity group clusters in relation to strategic supplier management and sourcing strategy.
Product group strategies
- At product group level or for individual product group clusters
- Definition of the strategic direction and mapping of aspects
- Central administration of documents, tasks and measures for strategy
- Role and user administration within the strategy
- Optional detailed documentation of the strategy
- Two-stage qualification processes for new supplier registrations via product group-specific supplier questionnaires
- Control of information, notification of groups, roles and/or users when new suppliers register and when existing suppliers update their data
- Budget limits for RFQs and auctions: Information to hierarchies, integration of hierarchies for releasing events and award documentation
- Display of the strategic thrust direction when creating RFQs for all event initiators
- Automated bidder lists (specified, proposed, released and blocked suppliers), which can be documented, expanded or reduced in an audit-proof manner
- Company-wide supplier information system
- Evaluation and monitoring of all supplier activities and KPIs
- Always up-to-date supplier information
- Structured supplier communication
- Increase of the process quality
- Global SRM Collaboration Tool
- Secure, well-founded supplier decisions
The supplier management software at a glance:
- Task Management
- Document Management
- Supplier evaluation
- Supplier development (measures)
- Supplier qualification
- Material group management / strategies
- NDA Management
- Organization-specific data
- Complaints Management
- Spend Management
- Status Management
- Contract Management
- KPI reporting